“Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit.” Proverbs 18:21
I’ve always heard that there is power in my words. However, I focused more on things I should avoid saying and not so much on things I should say intentionally. Steve Backlund with Igniting Hope Ministries really opened my eyes to the importance of speaking out daily declarations over my life which inspired the list below that I say out loud every day. Here they are:
- I’m a child of God that God loves and is proud of.
- My family is blessed and has favor, upon favor, upon favor.
- My children will love the Lord with all their heart, soul and mind.
- My God provides for me and my household financially, emotionally, physically and spiritually.
- The word “lack” isn’t in the Kingdom’s vocabulary.
- I choose to live in the Kingdom of Heaven, not that of this world, and fix my eyes on Jesus in all situations I face: small or big, easy or difficult.
- I will abound in love for my wife and my children all the days of my life; God has given me grace to pour over those around me.
- My job is a blessing and I thank God for the ability to work, provide for my family financially and have more than enough leftover to give into the Kingdom of God.
- I’m a good dad, like my Heavenly Father, as He lives in me and I was made in His image.
- My life represents Jesus. My purpose is being fulfilled every day as I make a choice to continue to follow Him. When people see me, they see Jesus within me. I’m a good steward of the life God has so graciously given me!
You can use the same list if you like, but I encourage you to create your own set of daily declarations. I’m looking forward to hearing how speaking daily declarations transforms your life.
Don’t forget to check out 5 Biblical Reasons Every Christian Should Make Declarations and other blog posts from Igniting Hope Ministries including Steve Backlund’s personal list of daily declarations.